Relieve Your Tooth Pain with Dentistry in Edmonton
Just as the theatre lights dim, you grab a handful of popcorn and enjoy that salty treat. Then suddenly, that lovely flavourful sensation is replaced by something much worse. You accidentally bite into an unpopped kernel, and hear a horrible crunch, followed by intense pain – the unmistakable indications of a broken tooth. The rest of the movie is a blur, as you spend the remainder of its length managing the pain and deciding what to do next. Don’t let that ache last any longer than necessary.
Whether you’re faced with an emergency dental situation, or are simply looking to maintain your pearly-whites, visit Westmount Dental Centre today for emergency and general dentistry in Edmonton.
Our Edmonton Dentistry Services
Westmount Dental Centre’s philosophy that patients come first means your aches and pains won’t last long. Our extensive list of treatments will not only provide you with much-needed pain relief in the event of an accident, it will also restore your smile, and keep it looking healthy throughout your life.
Our general dentists and hygienists are adept at offering the following general dentistry services, on top of treating all urgent dental emergencies:
- Dental Cleaning – Our skilled dental hygienists will clean, and X-ray teeth in order to ensure all plaque and debris has been cleared.
- Examination – Our dentists will inspect your X-rays, as well as perform in-depth examinations of your gums, teeth, and jaw.
- Diagnosis – after assessing all elements of your oral examination, our dentists will be able to provide you with an accurate diagnosis, and develop a customized treatment plan, as well as provide you with information regarding the proper care and regular maintenance of your teeth.
- Fillings – your most basic treatment plan will most likely include the filling of cavities. Cavities start small, but these tiny holes will cause major damage if it is not treated in a timely manner.
- Root Canals – If your diagnosis includes a serious tooth infection or affliction, our dentists may suggest a root canal to eliminate the pain and save your tooth. By removing the damaged inner tissue of your tooth, our dentists ensure you will no longer experience any physical discomfort.
- Tooth Extractions – Severely damaged teeth will often require extraction, and our dentists will only suggest this treatment if all other options have been exhausted and, of course, you will always be provided with options for replacing missing teeth, such as:
- Dentures – With age, teeth sometimes fall out, or require extraction due to disease or damage. Dentures allow you to replace all teeth with a removable prosthetic, giving the impression of a healthy-looking and natural smile.
- Bridges – Bridges are ideal for filling in gaps between teeth, caused by loss or extraction. These removable dental prosthetics attach to remaining teeth on either side of the gap, and create an actual “bridge” between teeth.
- Dental Implants – For the most authentic-looking dental prosthetic, you will likely want to opt for implants. These are permanently fixed to the bone of the jaw or skull and, of all dental prosthetics, theirs resembles closest the actual functionality of real teeth.
Dentistry for the Entire Family
Westmount Dental Centre happily serves patients of any age. Whether your children need their first dental appointment or you’ve had regular checkups for decades, our staff welcomes you.
Schedule your visit today. Call us at 780-454-1269, or book an appointment online. Once we receive your request, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.